Separation Agreements

If you are unmarried, have separated from your partner, and wish to record the terms of your separation, you can do so in a Separation Agreement (which can also apply to married couples who are not ready/able to get divorced).

Confidante can help parties to agree and draft the terms of a Separation Agreement or deal with the interpretation and enforcement of an agreement already in place.

The common topics covered in a Separation Agreements are:

  • what should happen to any property;
  • how the assets and liabilities should be divided;
  • how outgoings/payments should be met; and
  • children matters (such as how the children will divide their time and financial provision for them).

If you’d like to find out more, schedule a complimentary call.


Read our detailed and informative blog “What is a Separation Agreement & do you need one?”

family legal services

Hi! I’m Advocate Carly James, a family law specialist in Jersey.

I know how daunting it can be to talk to a family / divorce lawyer and potentially commence a legal process relating to divorce, separation or your children.


If you would like to hear a little more about who we are, whether we would be a good match for you or when we can get started, get in touch and let’s start the conversation.

Useful resources